Building Your Brand through Online VideoWritten by MCG on 10.16.11
A recent article in the Twin Cities Business Journal titled "Seen on Site" by Gene Rebeck walks readers through Red Wing shoes decision to use online videos to authenticate their brand. Their goal? Tell the story of the Red Wing shoes, an all-American brand, through online videos. Each of the short videos feature Red Wing employees and gives viewers an inside look at the company, showing the shoe and work boot maker's repair and manufacturing areas.
The result? After the article was published, Red Wing videos were viewed more than 100,000 times. The response rate on Red Wing Facebook posts related to the videos increased 48% in relation to other posts. Web site traffic increased 45% during the days on which the videos were posted. Web site engagement increased by approximately 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
The point is, online videos are a great way to tell your story and build your brand authenticity. Video communicates your company's personality in a way that written words cannot. Online video branding is a powerful way to engage viewers because:
- It's memorable.
- It helps differentiate you from the competition.
- Increases your search engine rankings (YouTube is now the second largest search engine behind Google).
- Engages customers so they spend more time on your site.
- Adds authenticity. Your company will come across as real, genuine, personable, trustworthy, honest, human.
Some tips for producing online videos:
- Don't make it too long. Tell your story in under three minutes.
- If your going to do it, do it right. Make sure your video looks professional. A poorly made video can significantly decrease your brand credibility.
- Keep it simple and to the point. Don't confuse the audience with too many details. Tell an interesting story.
- Keep it moving. Avoid talking heads and add new images or graphics every few seconds to keep the audience interested.
For more information on the benefits of web video, view our recent video blog, "Why Use Web Video?"
Master Communications Group is a highly experienced team of Minneapolis video production professionals that create business videos through dynamic storytelling. We can help you create your next corporate video from start to finish or just help with part of the process. Our video production services include: Concept Development, Script Writing, Pre-Production, Field Production, Video Shooting, Post-Production, Video Editing, Animation, Motion Graphics and Voice Recording.