10 Things You Need to Know About Online VideoWritten by Tim Lewis on 04.06.15
Online video isn’t new, but it is something that many don’t know a lot about. If you’re not in the video industry, it’s hard to know the details of what online video consists of and how it can help you. Below I explain 10 things I think everyone should know about online video to give you a better idea on how this medium can help you in your marketing efforts:
1. Online video is a convenient, engaging form of communication
2. Online video is perfect for mobile devices
3. Online video is quickly and easily shared among tribes of like-minded people
4. Online video is a 24/7 education tool
5. Online video does not have to be expensive to be effective
6. Your audiences demand online video
7. Online video is a critical part of the marketing mix
8. Online video has a shelf life
9. Videos increase viewers understanding of your product or service
10. Online video is great for email marketing
As you can see, there are many little details about online video. When thinking about creating online video for your business, be sure to keep these 10 things in mind.
Tim has been in the media production industry since his days as a U.S. Navy shipboard news anchor in the 1980s. Tim has a BA in Visual Communication from the University of Minnesota School of Journalism and Mass Communications. He has been President of Mastcom since 2002.